dining room office

dining room office

hi my name is julie miur, i'm from portland oregon. i have three wonderful dogs, all jack russels. i've got my dysfunctional office that i can'tstand anymore. i make jewelry in this room. i manage an association of real estate managers. i also write. i am an author and an instructor so i've gotthose materials in here and there's just not enough desk space. this room allows me to be creative.


because i work so much i need to have somesort of a stress releiver and making jewelry and writing allows me to think of other thingsand expand my mind a little bit more than from just my day job. less time organizing and finding things andmore time doing more projects for women who need jewelry for their weddings and stufflike that. it just allows me to be more effective andmore proactive in what i do. i have a big credenza that weighs a ton andthat doesn't need to be in here. it's taking up space. gosh, my dream room would be calm, peaceful,less cluttered.


somehow i would love to see cabinets insteadof beads and papers and files. when i look in this room i have to ask myselfwhere did all that junk go that i had. now i have everything that i need. it's all back in this room, but it's hidden. you can't see it and so therefor it doesn'tlook as cluttered. it doesn't look as junky and i have everythingat my fingertips, right above my head, right off to the side, or even in the drawers thatyou guys provided. it's perfect. it looks so much bigger.


this space looks huge. i really needed to take the time to go througheverything that i had in this room and determine if i really needed everything to stay, andof course it didn't. and now i can be relieved of that pressureto actually do something and now i actually can come in this room and have fun doing what i do. the lighting in here is just absolutely amazing. it's like i really want to work in here now. i'm so inspired to do so. instead of work being a chore, it's now goingto be fun.


i can be a little bit more creative, a littlebit more free of the stress which allows my creativity to come out even more. being relieved from thinking about this room is just going to change my entire life. it was a chore before, now it's going to bea joy.


Subscribe to receive free email updates: